Honda Care® is from Honda and is the only extended service contract for a Honda Civic backed by American Honda, the company that built your car. You can use Honda Care® at any Honda dealer anywhere is the United States and Canada.
You can purchase Honda Care® for your Honda Civic at any time within the original full factory warranty. However, the best time to buy is when your Civic is still new and has less than 6,000 miles. This is when the longest plans, at the best pricing, are available. At this point, your Civic could be covered as long as 8 years or 120,000 miles. Honda Care® for new vehicles starts from the original purchase date of your vehicle with zero miles.
Extends Your Original Coverage
Unless you live in Florida, you can purchase Honda Care® at any Honda dealership (prices may vary). Ask for Honda Care® by name. Don't purchase something that you are told is "for a Honda Civic", "just as good as Honda Care®" or "better than Honda Care®". Insist on the best! If it doesn't say Honda Care® on the paperwork, don't buy it. The truth is that there is no plan offered anywhere that is as good for a Honda Civic owner as Honda Care®.
- You can cancel within 60 days and receive a 100% refund!
- You can transfer Honda Care® to a new owner in a private party sale!
- You can cancel at any time and receive a refund for the unused portion!
Honda Civic - More Technology Than Ever!
A Honda Civic has always been known as one of the most "bullet proof" cars ever to be sold in America. The Honda Civic has a reputation for reliability for which other makers are envious. One of the reasons for this is that a Civic was usually sold as an entry level vehicle, purchased as a first car or for commuting. They didn't break down because there just wasn't that many components to break. Over the years, either due to government regulations or consumer demand, the Civic has gone hi-tech. Even the most basic New Civic includes such things as:
- Eco Assist&trade System
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Rearview Camera
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE™) Body Structure
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
- SmartVent® Front Side Airbags
- Motion-Adaptive Electric Power-Assisted Rack-and-Pinion Steering (EPS)
- Exterior Temperature Indicator
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC)
- Radio Data System (RDS)
- MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) Playback Capability
- One-Touch Turn Indicators
- Illuminated Steering Wheel-Mounted Cruise, Audio, Phone and i-MID Controls
- Security System with Remote Entry and Trunk Release
- i-MID with 5-Inch LCD Screen and Customizable Feature Settings
Even though the list of high tech gadgetry grows each year, the Civic's reputation is intact and justly deserved. In fact the Civic is the most reliable of all models offered by Honda. Since Honda Care® pricing is based on risk, Honda Care® pricing for a Civic is lower than any other Honda model. However, this doesn't mean that Civics never break down, it just means that they break down less often than other models. Also, keep in mind that parts don't cost less for a Civic and dealers don't charge less per hour to repair a Civic.
With Honda Care®, You Have Options
may be difficult to predict how long you'll keep your Civic, but with Honda Care® you have options. If you decide to purchase a Honda Crosstour and sell your Civic while it is still covered, you can transfer the coverage to the new owner, after all, a used car with factory-backed coverage will command top dollar on the used car market. On the other hand, if you trade your Civic for a new one or it's totaled, stolen or you just need the money, you can cancel Honda Care® and receive a prorated refund for the unused portion.
Honda Care® VSCs can cover repairs for virtually every component of your Honda Civic even after the original factory warranty has expired. If anything should go wrong in the vehicle's drivetrain, the navigation system, even the stereo, Honda Care® can cover the repair, potentially saving you thousands of dollars. That is the peace of mind you can have knowing you are covered for the unexpected.